FIND MY SCHOOL OR COLLEGE
In this section of our website, you can find information on the different Higher and Further Education outreach opportunities available in the Liverpool City Region, as well as nationally. These outreach opportunities are designed to support learners to increase their knowledge of Higher Education and make the best choices for them. We’ll regularly update this section as opportunities become available, but if you’d like to discuss which outreach provision would be best for your students, or are interested in something not listed here, please contact email@example.com to discuss this further.
Clicking each box will take you direct to the institution’s outreach webpage. Please be aware that eligibility criteria will apply to many of these opportunities, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, some may be running in altered formats at the moment.
University of Liverpool
The Widening Participation and Outreach team at the University of Liverpool aims to inspire, engage and enable all those who would not traditionally consider higher education, to fulfill their potential by raising their awareness, challenging barriers, and providing opportunities. We offer an extensive programme of outreach opportunities including:
- Campus visits for schools with high proportions of students in receipt of FSM/PP funding
- Subject-based residentials for Y10 students
- Merseyside Young Health and Life Scientists, a rolling three-year programme of health-related activities and support for young people in Years 9-11 who are from under-represented groups and have the potential and interest in studying health and life science subjects at university
- Liverpool Scholars, a programme offering a range of activities for Year 12 students aimed at supporting their entry to, and preparing them for Higher Education. Successful completion of the Liverpool Scholars programme enables students to receive additional consideration on their application to study at the University of Liverpool.
We also offer bespoke support for a range of the most disadvantaged students, including Care Leavers, Young Adult Carers, Estranged Students and Refugees, under our umbrella title of ‘Disrupted Education’.
- Discover Uni is a website containing details about the universities and courses available in the UK, as well as advice on how to make your higher education choices.
- UCAS provides the system through which students apply to university, and provides information on all elements of the process, including advertising UCAS fairs and other events