The Pay Index Demonstration
As part of National Apprenticeship Week, Shaping Futures will be providing webinar demonstrations of The Pay Index software, which is available to all students Y9 and above in the Liverpool City Region, as well as their parents/carers.
Each webinar will include a demonstration of the software, as well as guidance on the sign up process. You may wish to allow students access to their phones to follow along with the sign up process.
What is The Pay Index?
The Pay Index offers info on university and apprenticeship pathways for students. Students and their parents/carers can view reports on:
- Apprenticeships at all levels available in their borough
- Where students typically go to study your course of interest
- Where graduates of different degrees typically live after graduation
- Average salaries for different levels of apprenticeships
- Average salaries for different graduates in different regions
- Eligibility criteria for apprenticeships
The Pay Index also allows users to compare expected salaries for apprentices, graduates and employees who joined the work force with Level 2 qualifications, in the same sector to see which route could benefit them most. For graduate salaries they are also able to view student loan repayments and deductions such as tax and national insurance.
The Pay Index can be embedded into lessons, either subject based or PHSE, or used independently by students. Use of The Pay Index can support with Gatsby Benchmarks 2, 4 and 7. We know from recent focus groups that students in our region have concerns around student debt/student loan repayments, local opportunities, apprenticeship opportunities and graduate progression, all of which The Pay Index can help address.